Friday, April 11, 2014

Welcome back to Blogging for Beginners

I have held off from writing on Blogging for Beginners for a long time now.  In fact, for almost two years I have not written a post here.  It mostly was due to life getting the best of me.  I have been busy and back a couple of years ago, Google made some drastic changes to the ranking system, which caused this blog to fall from graces.  I assumed that they would shut it down, but I honestly had no understanding what it was that caused my blog's fall.  It caused me to be disheartened, and i lost interest when i saw the income from the site to drop off.


It never completely stopped though.  People still visited the site in the last couple of years, even though the traffic was not coming from the big G.  And, I have reached a point in my life where I feel like it may be time to start up my writing again.  I think it is important for people to know that they can use their writing abilities and their interests in ways that can bring them some small amounts of income.

This blog has done that for me for several years now, and I was feeling a little guilty that I had given up on it.  So, I want to welcome myself back to the fold and to let all who have stumbled across this blog, that I am going to begin writing again.  That we are going to talk about Keywords and Ad placement and linking.  But something that I have learned more clearly over the last couple of years is that all that is secondary.  That certain search engines still use those triggers to determine your blogs rankings, but that the big one, does not use the same cut and dry methods.  Google looks at the strength of the links in different ways.  Suspect sites with links to you will hurt you.  I believe that may have been what happened to this blog.  I was so hungry for more and more links, I believe I might have crossed a line.

I am hoping to fix some things.  I am hoping that with efforts, my site will begin to rank with Google again.  And I am hoping that my readers will come back.

I am going to start blog posting as soon as tomorrow, I hope.  I am going to re-analyze keywords with you.  I am going to talk about links and other sites that can effectively make you money online.  All of which will be through some form of writing.  Being that it is my favorite way.

Thank you for reading blogging for beginners, and I hope to hear from you all soon.  I have missed writing here at my blogging blog :-) and will do my best to right my lapse.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment